Data Protection Notice
By accessing our website you agree to the processing of your data in accordance with this Data Protection Notice.
This Data Protection Notice provides information for data subjects within the meaning of the relevant data protection law. WALDMANN PETITPIERRE processes personal data in accordance with the Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) and, if and to the extent applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (the "GDPR"). You can download the GDPR here and the FADP here.
- Name and contact details of the controller responsible for processing and company data protection officer
This Data Protection Notice applies to data processing by:
Responsible: WALDMANN PETITPIERRE, Lawyers & Notaries (hereinafter: WALDMANN PETITPIERRE), Gerbergasse 1, CH- 4001 Basel, Switzerland, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: +41 (0)61 269 50 85, Fax: +41 (0)61 269 50 50
The data protection officer of WALDMANN PETITPIERRE can be reached at the address above, to the attention of Dr. Claude Schrank, or at email@example.com
Representative in the EU: lic. iur. Etienne Petitpierre, c/o VCvF.legal – Vogt Calderón von Fragstein Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaftsgesellschaft mbB, Ringelsweide 28, 40223 Düsseldorf, DEUTSCHLAND, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collection and storage of personal data, type and purpose, and its use if you access our website
When accessing our website www.lawyers.ch, the browser installed on your device will automatically transmit certain information to the server hosting our website. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. We store user and event data for 14 months. In case of a new activity of a user, the storage duration for this user-ID is reset.
The following information will be collected automatically and stored until the automated deletion:
- IP address of the computer requesting access
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of accessed files
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser and operating system of your device and the name of your access provider
The above data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- To ensure the unobstructed setup of the connection
- To ensure a comfortable use of the website
- To evaluate system security and stability; and/or
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest within the meaning of the FADP and GDPR, respectively. Our legitimate interest follows from the above mentioned purposes of the data processing. In no event we will use the above data to identify you.
- Disclosure of data to third parties
A disclosure of personal data of the client for purposes other than the following shall not take place.
We only disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If you expressly consent;
- If necessary to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims and we have no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure;
- If we are under a legal obligation to disclose; and/or
- If the disclosure is lawful and necessary for the discharge of a contractual relationship with you.
The attorney-client privilege shall remain unaffected. To the extent data is privileged under the attorney-client privilege, data shall only be disclosed in agreement with you.
In a Cookie, some information resulting from the specific device you are using may be stored. However, this does not mean that we obtain immediate knowledge of your identity.
The data processed with the help of Cookies for the above purposes are necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests pursued by us and/or third parties.
Most browsers accept Cookies automatically. You can configure your browser in a way that no Cookies are stored on your device or that a warning is always displayed before a Cookie is saved. The complete deactivation of Cookies may result in not having access to all functions on our website.
- Analysis Tools
a) Tracking Tools
Tracking Tools allow us to design our website in accordance with your needs and to optimize our website continuously. We also employ Tracking Tools to create statistics about the use of our website which we may use to improve our offer for you. This is our legitimate interest.
The purpose and data categories for each Tracking Tool can be found below.
(i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of designing our website in accordance with your needs and for the continuous optimization of our website we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en). Information generated about the use of our website such as:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system of your device
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL)
- IP address of the computer requesting access
- Date and time of access
is usually transmitted to and stored to a server of Google in the USA. The information is used to analyse the use of our website, to generate reports about the website activities and to provide services in connection with the use of our website and the internet for the purposes of market research and the needs based design of websites. The information may also be disclosed to third parties to the extent required by law or if third parties process this information on behalf of Google. The IP address provided by your browser will not be merged with other data of Google. The IP address will be anonymized by IP-Masking so that referencing is not possible.
You can configure your browser in a way that no Cookies are stored on your device. The complete deactivation of Cookies may result in not having access to all functions on our website.
(ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
To create statistics about the usage of our website and for the optimization of our website we use Google Conversion Tracking. Google Adwords will place a Cookie (see Section 4) on your device if you access our website from a Google advert.
These Cookies will expire after 30 days and are not used for identification. If a user accesses certain pages of the website of an Adwords customer and the Cookie has not yet expired, Google and the Adwords customer can recognize that the user has clicked on the advert and has been transferred to this website.
Each Adwords customer uses a different Cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked across websites of Adwords customers. The information gathered by Conversion Cookies is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted in for conversion tracking. The Adwords customers will be informed about the number of users who have clicked on their advert and who have been transferred to a website equipped with a conversion tracking tag. They do not receive any information that identifies the user personally.
If you wish not to participate in the tracking process, you may disable the respective Cookies by deactivating the setting of Cookies in your browser. You may also deactivate conversion tracking by setting your browser to reject Cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com. Google’s data protection notice about conversion tracking can be found here: https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html.
On our homepage, you have the possibility to subscribe to our free of charge Newsletter. You will receive information regarding news, events and services. By subscribing, the following data will be transmitted to us and stored:
- Your e-mail address
- First name
Your subscription will only start after you received an e-mail by which you confirm your e-mail address. This is to prevent subscription under the e-mail address of someone else.
Your e-mail address is used to send you the Newsletter. Additional information will be used to prevent a misuse of the service and/or the e-mail address. By subscribing to our Newsletter, you agree to the processing of your data in the scope of the Newsletter mailing. You agree that you will periodically receive a Newsletter at your e-mail address and that the use of the Newsletter may be analysed for statistical purposes. We may transfer your data to third parties for the purpose of the technical processing of the Newsletter. Your consent is the legal basis for the data processing.
The data you provide to us in connection with the subscription to our Newsletter will be stored for the duration of your subscription. If you unsubscribe, your data will be stored for as long as this is necessary for the registration of your unsubscription.
At any time you can unsubscribe the Newsletter for any future mailings by using the link in the Newsletter. You will then no longer receive our Newsletter.
In some cases, to the extent allowed by law, we may use visible and hidden picture elements which allow us to assess if and when you opened the e-mail in order to measure and understand better how you use our services and how we can personalize them for you.
- Social Media Links
We use Links on our website (no plug-in) to the social media profiles of our associates on the social media networks Xing and LinkedIn in order to generate awareness of our firm. The underlying advertising purpose is a legitimate interest within the scope of the GDPR. It is the responsibility of the respective provider to operate in accordance with the requirements of data protection regulations.
If you click on such a Link on our website you will be directly transferred to the LinkedIn or Xing profile of our associate. If you are logged in, at the same time, in your LinkedIn or Xing account, LinkedIn or Xing can connect the access of the profile or our associate with your user account, and such connection may be visible to other users depending on the settings of your user account. We do not receive information about the data transferred and its use by LinkedIn or Xing.
If you do not wish that LinkedIn or Xing can trace the access of our website and the click on a Link to the social media profile of our associates, please log out of your user account at LinkedIn or Xing prior to accessing our website.
- Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to obtain information on your personal data processed by us. In particular, you have the right to obtain information on the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of or objection to processing, the right to lodge a complaint, the information as to the source of the data, where the data is not collected by us from you, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on relevant details;
- to immediately request the rectification or completion of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, insofar as the processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of processing of your personal data, to the extent the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing;
- to receive the personal data which you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request transfer of those data to another responsible person;
- to withdraw your previously given consent towards us at any time. The result is that we may in the future not continue the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent; and
- to lodge a claim with a supervisory authority. In general, you may turn to the supervisory authority at your habitual residence, place of work or registered seat of our office.
- Right to object
To the extent your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons relating to your particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Data Security
We use, within our website, the widely used SSL technology (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption rate supported by your browser. As a rule, this will be a 256 Bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 Bit encryption, we will apply 128 Bit v3 technology. Whether a page of our website is encrypted will be indicated by an icon of a key or padlock which is displayed open or closed in the status bar of your browser.
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological advancement.
- Current Version of Data Protection Notice and Amendments
This data protection notice is valid as of February 2022.
In line with the optimization of our website and our services, or due to regulatory changes or governmental requirements we may amend this data protection notice at any time. The currently valid data protection notice can be found and printed under Data Protection on our website.